This recipe is for all the women who are busy in their hectic life and do not have much time to cook but are passionate about making new food for them self and family members.
Easy quick and fast way of making dinner after heavy day of work.
Preparation Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Equipments: Requirement of Hand Mixer, Pressure cooker, Idli Maker
Most of the recipes you see on internet is with basic of getting the Dal and soak it one day before and prepare next day Idli. But in current fast life, Just pick up an Idli Atta from market which is priced at Rs. 20 to 25. You can make amazing soft Idlis from it.
Pinch of Soda
Salt to taste
3/4 cup tur dal
1/4 Chana Dal
1 tomato, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 brinjals (baingan / eggplant), cubed
1 drumsticks (saijan ki phalli / saragavo), cut into 4 pieces
1 potato, cubed
5 to 6 pieces of pumpkin,
3 Lady finger, (bhindi) chopped
3 to 4 tamarind soaked (imli)
salt to taste
1 n 1/2 tbsp Everest Sambhar Masala
1 tbsp red chilly powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp oil
For the tempering
1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1 tbsp jeera
3 to 4 Dry red kashmiri chillies
1 udal daal
6 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
2 tbsp oil
1. Wash both the dals properly in the running water .Add 5 cups of water and put it in the pressure cooker. Whistle is for 4 times.
2. After cookers gets to normal temperature, open the lid and churn the dal in the hand mixer. Add water if required and make it like paste. Use this paste, add 2 cups of water while boiling it on gas. (Use that much water depending on thickness of sambhar required)
3. Now put all vegetables except onions in the boiling sambhar for boiling it.
4. Add salt, red chilli powder,coriander powder, turmeric, sambhar masala in the sambhar.
5. Soak imli in water for sometime and then press it with hands while putting it in sambhar
6. For tempering, now add oil to a new bowl. Put mustard seeds, dry jeera, udal daal, dry red chilli.
7. After crackling, put curry leaves, hing and onions till it becomes reddish in colour.
8. Put the tempering in the sambhar which is on the other gas.
9. Idli- Remove the Idli atta from the packet and use a round bowl. Add Pinch of soda to it.
10. In the Idli maker, if it is made of aluminum then add water at base and put a cut lemon piece for getting stained black. Secret Tip
11. Grease with oil and put the idle batter in the maker . Fill it only till the bream and not more.
12. Put a knife after 10-5 mins to check. If the knife comes clean, means it is done.
Serve Idli and Sambhar hot.