Escape Express got launched on 1 August 2013 and will be live till 31 August 2013.
This one month campaign takes you on a virtual journey to destinations around Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
The campaign starts from Delhi moving onto the cities of Mumbai and Bengaluru and ends with users sharing their ‘Escape Diary’ of memorable trips.
Winners will get hosts of exciting prizes. The first prize is the winner’s choice of either an Apple 16GB iPad with Retina Display and Wi-Fi Cellular (4th Generation) or a Nikon DSLR camera.
The second prize is an Apple 16GB iPad Mini with Wi-Fi. Best of next ten entries will win gift vouchers from a luggage company. But that’s not all, they also have dozens of other exciting prizes to be won under various categories.
- 1 August 2013 – Contest begins
- 13 August 2013 – Phase II of contest and voting begins
- 31 August 2013 – Contest ends
- 5 September 2013 – Announcement of Grand Prize winners
Prizes to be offered :
- Early Bird Prize: 50 prizes each comprising sling bag and a Lonely Planet Short Escape Book
- Most Creative Tweets Prize: 9 prizes each comprising sling bag and a Lonely Planet Short Escape Book
- Maximum Buddies Prize: 3 prizes each comprising sling bag and a Lonely Planet Short Escape Book
- Surprise Questions: 27 prizes each comprising sling bag and a Lonely Planet Short Escape Book
- Mega Prizes 12 prizes as follows:
- The first prize is the winner’s choice of either an Apple 16GB iPad with Retina Display and Wi-Fi Cellular (4th Generation) or a Nikon DSLR camera
- The second prize is an Apple 16GB iPad Mini with Wi-Fi
- The third – twelfth prizes comprise gift vouchers from a luggage company
How to Play
To enter, go to escapeexpress.lonelyplanet.in (“Website”) and register to participate by providing your personal details including name, email and contact number. The Escape Express contest comprises of two phases.
It consists of three legs (Escape from Delhi, Escape from Mumbai and Escape from Bengaluru):
- Attempt each of the questions or tasks in all three legs as instructed.
- For each correct response, a certain number of kilometres will be assigned to you. However, the number of kilometres assigned will not entitle you to win.
- If you respond incorrectly to a question or task, you will be able to move to the next level as long as an attempt has been submitted.
- Once all three legs are completed, you will be able to progress to Phase 2.
- Wait! There’s more. You will also get a chance to win surprise gifts by answering the surprise questions.
- What are the Surprise Questions?
The surprise questions will be asked between tasks. Answer them correctly and you could win cool goodies.
Share your escape diary with us. You can either share your story in the form of an essay (maximum 500 words), OR upload the priceless pictures from your trip (maximum 10), OR share that brilliant video you have been itching to show the world (maximum 3)
Below are the snapshot of the contest flow :
So visit escapeexpress.lonelyplanet.in and share your digital travel with no “Travel Expense” and completely free contest and win great prizes.
This post was purely done as we are partnered with Lonely Planet India